Toyota Connected-Plano, TX - Feb 2019 - Present DevOps Engineer - Cloud Engineering
- Responsible for essential core cloud engineering infrastructure used in latest Toyota telematics systems.
- Architected new multi-tenant ELK stack across the enterprise.
- Designing business level KPI dashboards and billing systems.
- Responsible for deploying and managing on-premise GitLab, including training teams on CICD.
- Implemented observability and monitoring around secrets management, IaC, and other tools.
- Volunteer member of bi-weekly company meeting leadership team.
- Filed for a USPTO patent.
Life.Church-Oklahoma City, OK - Apr 2018 - Feb 2019 DevOps Engineer - Open Network
- DevOps Engineer for the Open Network team at Life.Church
- Ensuring the 4 core services that Open Network are responsible for are available 24⁄7, supporting over 500,000 pastors and leaders around the world.
- Implementing DevOps through the SRE concepts, to include but not limited to CI/CD, SLA, SLO, and SLI implementation with fullstack monitoring, logging, alerting and playbooks in place.
- Working to Open Source many of our projects and talking with the commmunity of engineers that want to engage in our OSS projects.
Life.Church-Oklahoma City, OK - Apr 2016 - Apr 2018 DevOps Engineer - YouVersion
- DevOps Engineer for the YouVersion Bible app on iOS/Android and Web
- Ensuring the service is available and optimized to support global users 24⁄7 with loads in excess of 10k API requests per second.
- Responsible for monitoring each system and ensuring business continuity for the API.
- Re-work existing services to run on new platforms such as Kubernetes to maximize efficiency, redundancy and speed.
- Technologies used include: ansible, collectd, consul, couchbase, docker, gitlab, golang, graphite, grafana, haproxy, influxdb, kubernetes, memcached, monit, new relic, nginx, pgbouncer, prometheus, postgresql, python, redis, ruby, saltstack, sensu, solr, telegraf, terraform, twemproxy and vagrant.
Rock Church & Academy—San Diego, CA - Dec 2012 - Apr 2016 Technical Project Manager
- Hands on Project Manager for Rock Church Mobile app on iOS and Android
- Hands on Project lead for Miles a Minute app on iOS and Android
- Technical Engineer support for Gospelcentral.us website and apps
- Built and currently maintain livestream network for Internet broadcast of services to 5,000 people weekly
- Build and maintain multiple Rock websites and services/APIs
- Provide on-going technical consultation with IT and Production teams regarding network operations, Online Church and Multi-site streaming technologies
Rock Church & Academy—San Diego, CA - Sep 2011 - Dec 2012 Network Technical Engineer
- Re-built Rock Church network to new Cisco Meraki system - WiFi & Ethernet
- Implemented Zendesk Helpdesk and provided support for staff and volunteers to track IT related issues
- Designed and procured new Rock Kids Check in Kiosk solution for FellowshipOne
- Managed Shoretel VoIP phone system
Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission—San Diego, CA - Jul 2010 - Sep 2011 IT Support Assistant
- Administered Microsoft Windows servers (Active Directory), Microsoft and Mac workstations for approximately 60 users
- Provided helpdesk support to all employees and visiting scientists both locally and via remote access
- Procured new server & client hardware/software, and maintain license/warranty information
- Implemented network monitoring and updating with Microsoft System Center Essentials & GFI LanGuard
- Upgraded servers to Hyper-V, iSCSI SAN based system runningWindows 2008 R2
- Upgraded Microsoft SQL servers from 2005 to 2008 R2 and virtualized on Hyper-V
- Upgraded Microsoft Exchange server from 2003 to 2010 Enterprise
Centrinet Ltd—Lincoln, United Kingdom - Jan 2008 - Jan 2010 Systems Engineer
- Deployed and administered Microsoft Windows servers, Linux Redhat & CentOS servers
- Implemented Parallels Business Automation (PBA) and Virtuozzo environment for customer hosting
- Maintained customer SNMP monitoring network with Solarwinds Orion for approximately 3,000 nodes
- Analyzed, installed, secured and maintained workstations &Windows & Linux servers in NOC and data-center
- Ensured security, reliability and functionality of the network at all times
- Designed, implemented and managed operations help-desk based on ITIL for approximately 3,000 users globally
- Designed and implemented globalWiFi system for over 3,000 users
- Was responsible for providing Tier-1 through Tier-3 support for customers and internal staff
Centrinet Ltd—Lincoln, United Kingdom - Mar 2007 - Dec 2007 Fulfillment Team Technician
- Implemented and monitored secure internet access using various firewall, routing, switching and WiFi technologies including Cisco PIX/ASA, Checkpoing NG R55, and IPTables for approximately 20,000 clients across 900 multi-tenant sites globally
- Provided excellent telephone/trouble-ticket support for customers globally in a timely manner, including trouble-shooting global VPN setups
USS Midway Museum—San Diego, CA - May 2006 - 2011 IT Volunteer
- Provided support to approximately 100 users via the helpdesk
- General system administration tasks, including Active Directory, Hyper-V migrations, Sharepoint 2010installation
- Cabling CAT5e/CAT6 for patches
- Upgraded network infrastructure to fiber backbone and implement VLANs